- Classes will be held indoors with heat and light in my wonderful training building so inclement weather is not a problem.
- If conditions create driving danger(s) (summer, fires or mudslides – winter, blizzards) class will be postponed to a later date.
- The first class will be an Orientation Class. If you decide to commit to the class we will work out the schedule at that time. Please bring your calendar for the next 2 - 3 months. I make every effort to accommodate each person's schedule and needs (within reason).
- If you have a situation for which you do not see a solution, please call. Private lessons are available to address your needs.
- If your dog has an aggression problem with dogs, humans or both, please call. I may be able to help or, if necessary, I can refer you to a Veterinary Behaviorist. In general, aggression problems need to be addressed privately. It may be appropriate to enroll your dog in a group class later as part of a remedial program.
- I encourage the whole family to be involved in the training of your dog. Well mannered children with an adult supervisor are welcome to attend group classes.
- During the time you are taking a class you are encouraged to call me if you are having problems at home. I am your resource through the duration of class.
- You will be required to pay at the first class if you wish to attend the remaining sessions.
- Please call if you have unanswered questions.
For puppies 10 to 16 weeksand includes a publication (you choose from 2 options), Canine Consultant handouts, 1 private session, and 4 group sessions.
The 1 hour private session will happen at your convenience and we will cover the topics of immediate importance to you. The group sessions are held on Sunday at noon and do not have to be completed in sequence. We will spend considerable time on housetraining, puppy management, play biting, jumping up, appropriate games and toys, etc. We will also begin with "Sit", "Down" and "Stay" exercises. We will start the recall and loose lead walking as well. There will be many opportunities for appropriate playtime with the other puppies in class. The cost is $150. Please bring your puppy to all classes.
(1 hour/week for 7 to 10 weeks) this class is for dogs from adolescent to adult. There will be a maximum of 4 dogs per class. We will work on the following behaviors:
|Walking on a loose leash
"Sit" & basic cues
Not Jumping on people
|Introductions to other dogs
Come when called
Avoiding home alone problems
During the orientation we will discuss any additional areas you want to work on and I will design the course around your specific needs.
The cost is $125. Please, no dogs for the first class (Orientation and Scheduling).
Canine Good Citizenship (CGC) Delta™ Pet Partners Class:
(7 weeks, 1 hour/week)
The American Kennel Club (AKC) has designed a 10-step evaluation for pet dogs. The 10 parts of the AKC CGC test are:
|1. Accepting a Friendly Stranger
2. Sitting Politely for Petting
3. Appearance and Grooming
4. Out for a Walk
5. Walking Through a Crowd
|6. Sit and Down on Cue
7. Coming When Called
8. Reaction to another Dog
9. Reaction to Distractions
10. Supervised Separation
Delta Pet Partners™ evaluations include much of the AKC CGC test procedure but add a more extensive exam, clumsy handling, hugging, staggering people, hospital clothing and equipment, angry yelling, a bump, crowded petting, leaving a toy on the floor, and taking a treat on cue. Dogs should be walking on a loose leash and have some basic skills before enrolling in this class.
The cost is $100. Please bring your dog to the first class.
Kids and Dogs:
(8 weeks, 1 hour/week)
After-school class, parents pick up their children and bring the child and dog to class. We will work on basic manners, games, tricks and some agility. The class is tailored to the kids with parents supervising and assisting. Dogs must be of good temperament. The size of the child and dog should be suitable so the child can safely handle various situations. The cost is $125. Please call to make arrangements
(8 weeks, 1 hour/week)
You and your dog will safely learn to negotiate various agility obstacles and run some short combinations. This is an introductory class and not for serious competitors. If you want to have fun with your dog this is the class! The cost is $125. Please bring your dog to the first class.
Want a "Test Drive"?
If you would like to view a class in session, call and request information regarding times and dates, you are welcome to sit in and observe a class.
Return to top